SOME Nigerians have taken to the social media to express concern as the Guinness World Records (GWR) ‘delay’ the confirmation and announcement of the new world record for marathon cooking set by Nigerian chef Hilda Baci on Monday, May 15.
Earlier on Monday reported that Baci, 27, had already surpassed the time set by the former holder of the record, Indian chef, Lata Tondon.
Tondon’s previous record stood at 87 hours, 45 minutes.
At the time of filing this report, Baci is already 93 hours gone into achieving her 96 hours target.
However, some Nigerians on the social media have expressed anger that Guinness World Record is yet to make an official announcement on Baci’s achievement.
A Nigerian Twitter user, @AlexanderDGreat asked why the Guinness World Record (GWR) has not acknowledged the development.
“Why is @GWR not showing or talking about Hilda’s cook-a-ton? Can’t see anything on their pages (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)”, @AlexanderDGreat asked in a tweet on Monday.
Guinness World Records replied the tweet through its official Twitter handle, @GWR, explaining that it is reviewing the development.
“We’re aware of this amazing record attempt, we need to review all the evidence first before officially confirming a record 💫”, the organisation said.
Other Nigerians expressed concern over the Guinness World Record’s response.
“I hope you won’t come up with a technicality to disqualify her” @jagganiyu tweeted.
Another Twitter user, @kayzywizzzy, write: “When Hilda finish cooking and you don’t drop correct updates on time, we cook you next on Twitter for 96hours”.
“I didn’t even drink Guinness but my body dey hot. People stood in the rain for this. Don’t play with us ooo” @effizzzy said.
@Nsukka_okpa warned, ”I dare una to make any funny movement. I dare una”.
“Nothing must do our mandate o. Review well. Aa ni p’ofoo o🤝“ @zhurg tweeted.
“Make nothing do your BVAS o” @eniturn added.